7.29.2011

Internet Inspiration

Finding inspiration for new lessons and projects is not always easy.  And more often than not, it is simplest to stick with the tried and true- which can get boring as an educator.  If I'm not excited about teaching, how will the students be excited about learning? 

To be honest, its not always convenient to pick up a book or magazine to read for ideas.  But I have found inspirational refuge in the internet! Blogs (much like this one) are, for me, an organized way to find new, fresh ideas.

Over the past few months I have read a few that caught my educator attention.
Atelierista is a blog by an artist and teacher who works in a Reggio inspired school.  She tells stories about the studio work her students make.
Bakers and Astronauts caught my attention because she discussed children using cameras and documenting their world.
Not Just Cute is all about intentional whole child development. What could be better than that?
Irresistible Ideas Two Australian women blog about play based learning, "No play, no learning. Know play, know learning".
Teacher Tom  asks: What can we learn from preschoolers?

This is obviously a very short list of blogs, but are just ones I particularly enjoy.  I would also like to mention pinterest.com. Although it is not exclusively for education related ideas, it is a great way to share as well as organize activities, lessons, ideas and inspiration.

What websites, blogs or books do you use to find inspiration?

No comments:

Post a Comment